Children at Blackpool stay for lunch and enjoy the dinner prepared for them by Devon Norse.
The price of a school meal is £2:40. Devon Norse offer a vegetarian and a meat option each day along with a variety of puddings. Please be aware that due to the current situation we are running on a reduced menu (below).
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a Universal Free School Meals this is not income based and all children in these year groups are entitled to this.
We now use Parentpay to allow parents to pay for their children's lunches.
Click here to access ParentPay https://www.parentpay.com/
November 2020 - April 2021 Menus
Devon Norse June/July 2020 Menu
USA Day 1st October 2020 Menu
Free School Meals
Due to the current situation some families' financial situation may have changed and they may now be entitled to Free School Meals. This is different to the Universal Free Meals Scheme that is currently available for all Children in EYFS to Year 2.
Children whose parents are getting any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
If you believe you are entitled to Free School Meals please apply using this link:
Gold Award for our Kitchen
I am delighted to tell you that our school has been awarded Gold Food for Life status. The upgrade from Silver Status has been awarded to Kitchen Manager Rachel Harris and her team, who have worked tirelessly with Devon Norse’s Sarah Harrison, Catering Ops Manager and Pam White, Key Account Manager to achieve this.
To achieve the upgrade to Gold, there are additional criteria to meet which primarily means spending more on organic and free range produce. Their commitment to quality food means that our kitchen is now serving a minimum of 15% Organic and 5% free range produce, supporting and using a large quantity of local ingredients and their menu remains animal and climate friendly, whilst still serving healthy, ethical school meals to the staff and students at Blackpool Primary.